The Lewisville Civic Club made a donation in 2023 to Fostering Faith Foundation in support of meeting the4 needs of children in the foster system. If you would like to help, contact Tiffany Birdsong at www.fosteringfaithfoundation.org
We paid $50,000 towards the building of Shallowford Square. A focal point in Lewisville North Carolina for outdoor community events.
The club donated $20,000 towards the building of the community center. In 1993 the Lewisville Civic Club donated the community center to the town of Lewisville.
Donated $20,000 to the new Lewisville Library in the form of artwork, books and media.
We also sponsored the Blue Star Memorial honoring veterans at the Shallowford Square Veteran's Memorial.
Formation of the volunteer fire department and raised money to buy fire equipment in 1951. In 1998, after continued financial support, we also purchased a fire prevention training trailer.
Sponsored the Fourth of July fireworks display for years, until 2003. The crowd size had grown so large we turned the event over to the Town of Lewisville were the spectacular display continues to grow.
Each year the Lewisville Civic Club awards three $1,500 scholarships to three local students. Beyond academic proficiency, applicants must demonstrate how they have helped the community of Lewisville through volunteerism.
The Lewisville Civic Club has sponsored the Christmas Parade for over 35 years. The parade is anticipated by people from Lewisville and many other communities. The parade is known to be one of the largest in the area. Be sure to come see it.
In 1991, the Lewisville Civic Club organized the effort to incorporate the wonderful town of Lewisville.
The Lewisville Civic Club was organized in 1945 by concerned citizens to improve life in the community.
• Organized Boy Scout Troop, sponsored the building of a scout hut on the Baptist Church property that was also
shared with the Girl Scout troops. Chartering organization for Boy Scouts since organizing.
• Started planning a gymnasium to be attached to the old school building (now Lewisville Elementary). When
the old school building burned, convinced the superintendent to rebuild the school to service the Lewisville and
• Saw the need for administrative improvements in the school system and county boards such as conducting
audits on school funds, increasing the number of County Board of Education members, increasing the number
of County Commissioners. These concerns were made into law.
• Paved road from Vienna to Clemmons Road, West Bend Road, Lasater Lake Road, Styers Ferry Road,
WilliamsRoad and Grapevine Road; paved road into school; Improvements to Kinney, Lasley and Dull Roads;
widened Reynolds Creek Bridge and Muddy Creek Bridge; had road signs showing direction to Lewisville
placed at intersection of Styers Ferry Road and Clemmons Road (now Lewisville-Clemmons Road) and at
Vienna Road; widened road through Lewisville; installed islands at various places.
• In 1948, started publication of the Lewisville Citizen to keep the community informed. (The town took over
publication once it was incorporated.)
• In 1950, organized softball league which continued until 2008.
• In 1951, formed the volunteer fire department and raised money to purchase fire equipment. Since its
formation, has provided financial and equipment support including the purchase of a fire prevention training
trailer purchased in 1998.
• Secured better telephone service for Lewisville.
• In 1962, raised money to build a home for a victim of multiple sclerosis.
• Sponsored summer recreation programs and horse shows. (16 years)
• Sponsored senior softball program.
• Erected first “Welcome to Lewisville” signs.
• Sponsored placement of early street lights.
• Sponsored building of the G. Galloway Reynolds Community Center including making a $20,000 donation.
(Gave the building to town...1993)
• Organized the effort to incorporate Lewisville in 1991.
• Provides annual scholarship to high school seniors for college since 1996. (Currently 3 scholarships - $1500
• Pledged and paid $50,000 toward building of Shallowford Square.
• Sponsors Lewisville Christmas Parade. (2014 celebrated 30 years)
• Supported Lewisville Lawn Party.
• Sponsored first celebration of Fourth of July in 2000 until Town of Lewisville took over in 2003.
• Sponsors candidates forum for local elections (odd years).
• Provides emergency needs for families in emergencies such as fire and flooding.
• Provided grants to Lewisville Elementary School to assist teachers in their needs.
• Organized a youth group - Young Citizens in Action - as part of the membership (lasted about 5 years)
• Gave bleachers to Town for Jack Warren Park (2008)
• Sponsored a World War II veteran’s attendance in the Triad Flight of Honor (2010)
• Sponsored the Blue Star memorial plaque honoring veterans at Shallowford Square Veteran’s Memorial
Copyright © 2019 Lewisville Civic Club - All Rights Reserved.